University of Tartu
|Field of Study
||Social and Behavioural Sciences
||No tuition fee
||Doctor of Philosophy
||Monthly doctoral allowance
The University of Tartu is Estonia\'s leading research and development institution. Nearly 1200 doctoral students are studying and conducting research at the University each year. There is a wide range of doctoral programmes within different branches of science: Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine, Natural and Exact Sciences.
* Ca.100 doctoral degrees are defended at the University annually (two-thirds of the total number in Estonia);
* Substantial financial support is available for PhD students at national and university levels: no tuition fee; all PhD students receive either the national doctoral allowance (currently ca. €400/month) or some other kind of financial aid;
* Doctoral schools at the University facilitate special projects, foster international collaboration and bring extra funding and support for PhD studies, including international seminars and practical skills training;
* Over 2000 scientific articles are published annually by the University researchers. According to ISI Web of Science, University of Tartu belongs to the top 1% of the world\\\'s most-cited universities and research institutions in the fields of molecular biology and genetics; environmental science and ecology; biology and biochemistry; botany and zoology; chemistry; geosciences; psychiatry and psychology; clinical medicine; general social sciences; and engineering.
* The University of Tartu participates in six out of seven national Centres of Excellence for research, providing an outstanding environment for doctoral studies.
For further information about admission requirements, application procedures and financial aid for international doctoral students please contact http://www.ut.ee/ask