Scholarships for short courses
For incoming short-time mobility:
- Estonian governmental scholarships
Scholarship programme: Estonian national scholarship programme for international students, researchers and academic staff - Scholarships for summer and winter schools
The scholarships are intended to support participation in summer courses of Estonian language and culture as well as in courses of summer and winter schools related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia.
Scholarship amount: The scholarship is used to reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day for a maximum of 28 days per secondment in a calendar year.
- Courses eligble for scholarship application
- Period and conditions
- Application procedure and deadlines
1. Estonian language and culture courses
- Estonian Language Summer Courses in the University of Tartu
- Estonian Language in Tallinn University
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille in in the University of Tartu
2. Courses related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia
- Information and Knowledge Management in Digital Environment
- The Formation of Global Norms in a Changing World Order
- Social Enterprises: Using Your Creativity and Sensitivity
- Design of Serious Games
- Experimental Interaction Design
- Gamification Workshop
- Storytelling, Comics and Illustrations
Courses in University of Tartu
- Social Dimension: Estonian Business Environment, EU-Russian Relations and Baltic Regional Security
- Social Dimension: Estonian Business Environment and EU-Russian Relations
- Social Dimension: EU-Russian Relations and Baltic Regional Security
- Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning
- Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture
- Craft Camp
- 6th Martens Summer School on International Law
The stipend is available for students of Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral studies in foreign universities who are actively involved in the studies at the time of application and have been studying at university for at least one year.
During the period of payment of grant the scholarship recipient should stay in Estonia.
The candidate should pre-register to the course for applying for the scholarship.
In case of short courses the following documents shall be submitted (Application period is from 20.02.2017 to 20.03.2017)
- application form and motivation letter through online application system
- confirmation of admission from the higher education institution in Estonia or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- copy of passport or ID-card.
- transcript of records from the home university;
- confirmation of registration from home university containing information on the applicant's level of study, normal period of studies and progress towards the degree;
- confirmation of admission from organising institution (can be sent by e-mail);
All documents should be in English or Estonian. Documents must be translated to any of these languages if the language of issuance is different. The foundation has the right to require the additional documents. Submitted documents will be not returned to the applicant. The applications which are not full complicated, drawn up as required or include false information or are submitted with a delay are not assessed.
The application system link: https://taotlused.archimedes.ee/EN/pub_login.php. Please register in order to start the application.
Scholarship coordinator: Ms Triinu Lillepalu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide of the national scholarship programme for international students, researchers and academic staff: http://haridus.archimedes.ee/en/scholarships-international-students
Summer schools contacts
Tallinn University: Ms. Olga Reili, email@example.com
Tallinn University of Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org, + 372 620 3943.
University of Tartu: Ms. Margot Must, email@example.com
In the framework of the Programme of Academic Studies of Estonian Language and Culture Abroad the Archimedes Foundation offers international students (enrolled at non-Estonian universities) free places at Estonian language and culture summer courses organised by Estonian Unversities.
Courses and number of scholarships
There will be 15 free places for intermediate or advanced students available at summer courses organised by Tallinn University (10.06-28.06.2017) and 19 free places for intermediate or advanced students available at summer courses organised by University of Tartu (24.07-4.08.2017).
The scholarship amount: tuition fees, cultural program and accommodation in the least expensive double room. The applicant must cover the costs of travel to and from the course, and meals.
Who are eligible to apply: free places are offered only for intermediate or advanced students, who already have at least A2 knowledge of Estonian. We do not offer the free places for beginners. All applicants must send a confirmation letter from their Estonian lecturer or teacher.
In order to apply for a free place you must complete in our application system:
- online application form - https://taotlused.archimedes.ee/pub_login.php
- letter of motivation. In addition to reasons for attending the summer course, the applicants should describe in their letter of motivation their academic interest in and connections with Estonia (attended courses, delivered or planned research papers etc);
- applicants must provide a letter of recommendation by their Estonian language and culture lecturer, which can be sent directly to the Estonian Institute separate from other documents.
IMPORTANT: In case the applicant has no preference for either Tallinn or Tartu university courses, and can participate in one or the other, he or she should fill a separate application for both universities. A free post will be granted for one course only.
In case the applicant wishes some other form of accommodation than the bed in a double room provided by the Estonian Institute, he or she has to pay the difference. If the applicant does not need accommodation, he or she is asked to state this in the application.
Submission of applications and results
For further information and applying, please visit http://haridus.archimedes.ee/en/scholarships-summer-and-winter-language-courses . The results will be annonced on above-mentioned website at the beginning of April.
For additionial information, please contact Ms Annely Tank
Phone: +372 699 9397
The aim of the scholarship: the Archimedes Foundation offers scholarships to holders of a doctoral degree or Master’s or Doctoral students who are citizens of a foreign state and are studying at a university abroad, to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it. Knowledge of Estonian is an advantage but not a requirement.
The deadlines are 1 March and 1 October .
The amount of the scholarship: the scholarship is designated to cover subsistence expenses, tuition fees and costs directly connected with the research; it may be granted for a period ranging from two to ten months. Most often the grant period is 2-5 months. The scholarship for one month is 500 euros. Travel grant is also provided. Terms of travel grant are specified in the scholarship guidelines.
The scholarship is granted by the Council of Academic Studies of Estonian Language and Culture Abroad, involving experts when necessary. The scholarship is financed by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and administered by the Archimedes Foundation.
Description of all needed documents can also be found in guidelines.
Further information can be obtained via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 372 699 9397.