Estonian scholarships for applicants from the French republic for the academic year 2014-2015
In accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia and the Ministry of Education Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France, Archimedes Foundation takes great pleasure to publish an open call for the following scholarships in academic year 2014-2015:
- Scholarship for master's and doctoral study or research visits at public higher education institutions;
- Scholarships for summer courses in Estonian language.
Applications must be submitted in two ways: through the Foundation webpage and by post. DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN BOTH WAYS.
1. The application form with all required documents must be filled in, printed out and scanned. Documents must be submitted in one (1) pdf or jpeg file. All documents must be submitted through the following webpage: http://archimedes.ee/en/foundation/document-submission-form/. Deadline: 24th April.
2. All original documents and confirmed copies must be sent by post directly to the Foundation (address: Archimedes Foundation, Bilateral agreements, Koidula 13a, 10125 Tallinn, Estonia). Deadline: 1st May.
Awarded candidates will be informed personally by email at the latest by the end of July.
The scholarship is open to students from all fields of studies. The scholarships are intended for researchers or exchange students (this means the students must be enrolled and actively studying in an institution of their home country at the time of application and at the time of the scholarship’s starting date) and exchange students are not required to sit entrance examinations. The scholarships entitle the exchange students to exemption from tuition fees at PUBLIC higher institutions of Estonia. The scholarship does not lead to the awarding of a degree from the Estonian institution. However, credits awarded during the scholarship MAY count towards the study undertaken in the home country (applicants should check with their home institution). In exceptional cases the scholarship can be awarded to a student in degree-studies but in that case it is important to keep in mind that the scholarship will not cover the tuition fees.
The Estonian Party shall provide a total maintenance payment of:
• 288 euros per month for master’s students;
• 385 euros per month for doctoral students;
• tuition fees and 25 euros for accommodation per day per day for participants of the summer courses.
Recipients pay their own travel expenses to Estonia and back. The scholarship is meant to cover the living expenses of only one person; any additional financial support for accompanying members of the family is not available. This scholarship cannot be coupled with another grant or scholarship that covers the same expenses. The scholarship is tax free. Scholarships are granted by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
Applicants need to contact the selected university and request a letter of invitation from the relevant department / international student office. Applicants are requested to point out that they are applying for a scholarship funded on the basis of the bilateral agreement.
Required documents: http://www.studyinestonia.ee/study/scholarships/bilateral-agreements.