Estonian Government scholarship program for applicants from the French republic for the academic year 2013-2014
In accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia and the Ministry of Education Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France, Archimedes Foundation takes great pleasure to publish an open call for the following scholarships in academic year 2013-2014:
- Scholarship for Master and Doctoral study or research visit at public higher education institutions;
- Scholarships for summer courses in Estonian language.
Description of the scholarships:
The scholarship is open to students from all fields of studies. The scholarships are intended for researchers or exchange students (this means the students must be enrolled and actively studying in an institution of their home country at the time of application and at the time of the scholarship’s starting date) and exchange students are not required to sit entrance examinations. The scholarships entitle the exchange students to exemption from tuition fees at PUBLIC higher institutions of Estonia. The scholarship does not lead to the awarding of a degree from the Estonian institution. However, credits awarded during the scholarship MAY count towards the study undertaken in the home country (applicants should check with their home institution). In exceptional cases the scholarship can be awarded to a student in degree-studies but in that case it is important to keep in mind that the student this scholarship will not cover the tuition fee to pay the tuition fees.
• 288 euros per month for master’s students;
• 385 euros per month for doctoral students;
Recipients pay their own travel expenses to Estonia and back. The scholarship is meant to cover the living expenses (including the accommodation) of only one person; any additional financial support for accompanying members of the family is not available. This scholarship cannot be coupled with another grant or scholarship that covers the same expenses. The scholarship is tax free. Scholarships are granted by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
Applicants need to contact the selected university and request a letter of invitation from the relevant department / international student office. Applicants are requested to point out that they are applying for a scholarship funded on the basis of the bilateral agreement.
Applicants to all the above mentioned scholarships must submit:
- Application form (printed and signed);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- One letter of recommendation (preferably from home university);
- Detailed working plan of intended study or research in Estonia (except applicants for summer courses);
- Certification of student's status at home institution approved by the institution (the certification must contain information on applicants current cycle of studies (1st, 2nd or 3rd cycle), year of studies and expected date of graduation);
- Transcript of academic records of the last two semesters from the candidate's present higher education institution (MUST be in English or officially translate and confirmed by the institution or the competent authorities);
- Certified copy of the highest diploma with transcripts (except applicants for summer courses) (MUST be in English or officially translate and confirmed by the institution or the competent authorities);
- Official letter of invitation from the proposed host institution in Estonia (except applicants for summer courses) (when asking for the letter of invitation applicants are requested to point out, that they are applying for a scholarship under the international bilateral agreements);
- Application forms for summer courses - form of Tartu University or form of Tallinn University (only for applicants for summer courses).
Application procedure and deadline:
All the documents must be written in or translated into English.
Certificates, diploma, transcripts of records etc. must be translated into English.
The application form and all the required additional documents should be completed in two (2) identical sets (one original set and one copy of the original set). Original set of the documents must include only originals documents or confirmed copies. All copies must be clearly authorized as true copies of original documents by the issuing institution or competent authorities. Each of the two sets must be put into plastic sheet or envelope. Documents must be typed and handwritten documents will not be accepted. Any incomplete applications or applications handed in after the deadline cannot be taken into consideration. Application documents shall not be returned. Archimedes Foundation accepts only these applications that are officially and in due time nominated by the relevant authorities.
The applications must arrive at Archimedes foundation no later than the 1st of May 2013 .
Ms. Julia Duh
Centre for Higher Education development
The final decision on the award rests with Estonian Party.
Awarded candidates will be informed personally by email by the end of July 2013 at the latest.
For further information about the scholarships please do not hesitate to contact us: