We are glad to see that Estonian universities continue to be highly rated in prestigious university ranking systems.
The QS World University Rankings, one of the most important higher education lists, has ranked the University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology and Tallinn University in a list that features 1,500 universities across the world.
According to the QS 2023 ranking,
- University of Tartu holds the 296th position in the world;
- Tallinn University of Technology, also known as TalTech, shares the 701 to 750 place and
- Tallinn University shares the 1,001 to 1,200 positions among the international universities.
Photo: TalTech engineering lab
The QS World University Rankings features 1,300 universities from around the world. Each institution has been assessed according to six key metrics: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, citations per faculty, international student ratio & international faculty ratio.
It is also noteworthy that Estonian universities rate high in rankings by subjects:
- Estonian University of Life Sciences holds the 84th position in the Agriculture and Forestry,
- Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre was ranked 51-100 in Performing Arts,
- Estonian Academy of Arts holds positions 151-200 in Arts and Design,
- Tallinn University holds the 201-250 position in Education and Training.
Photo: Estonian Academy of Arts
Behind these high scores in rankings is a consistent and determined effort of the people working in Estonian higher education system. As a result, Estonian universities can offer high-quality education that is also attractive to international students.
Today 11 internationally accredited Estonian universities offer more than 150 degree programmes fully taught in English. High rankings are a recognition to the universities for their great and high-quality work!
Have you thought about coming to study in Estonia?
Then please continue reading our Study section.
Photo: Univeristy of Tartu - Physicum building
Source: QS World University Rankings
- Continue reading more Study in Estonia news: