Most likely you have asked yourself: why come study in Estonia?
We will tell you why:
- Estonia is an e-society, with electronic ID-cards, e-government, e-health, e-school, e-parking etc. (www.e-estonia.com). You would be living in a very unique country!
- It takes only about 20 minutes to found your own company online and 99% of banking is done online.
- Europe's start-up hot-spot! As a result, Estonia has more unicorns and successful start-up companies per capita than in any other country in Europe, e.g. Wise, Bolt, Fortumo, Veriff, ID.me, Playtech, Pipedrive, Gelato, Erply, Glia etc.
- Ranked 1st worldwide in air quality (World Health Organization 2013).
- 2nd place for internet freedom in the world (Freedom House 2022).
- First country to offer e-residency - a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online.
- Ranked 8th in the world for Internet access in schools (The Global Information Technology Report 2016).
- One of the safest countries in the world. (www.statisticbrain.com)
- Estonians spend most time reading books per day (European Commission 2018).
... and why Estonian universities?
- Over 150 unique and high quality degree programmes taught fully in English
- Internationally accepted diplomas
- Various state scholarships and funding possibilities for incoming students
- English language widely spoken
- High level research projects
- Active and fun student life
- Working possibilities during studies and possibility to stay in the country for 9 months to look for a job after graduation
- The personal touch: small group sizes in classrooms
- Great value for money and affordable living
- Safe and stable environment
Continue reading about:
91% of international students are happy with their life
at university and 97% feel safe in Estonia.
Source: International Student Barometer TM 2019